Field Day Pictures
TRYING TO BEAT THE HEAT!
There will be A LOT of stuff coming home this week. Please keep an eye on backpacks for yearbooks, reading lists, summer packets, and portfolios of completed work.
We have Field Day on Wednesday, all school mass on Thursday at 10:45, and noon dismissal on Friday.
A couple reminders for the next 8 days…
– Math Scantron testing tomorrow from 8:30 – 10:00. Please encourage a full tummy during breakfast!
– Friday, May 15 we have all school mass at 9:00.
– Field Day is next Wednesday, May 20th. K and PreK will go to Volta at 9:30 for some fun and games and we will return by 12:00 for a picnic lunch at school.
– We will have our End of the Year Party on Thursday, May 21 at 1:00
– Friday, May 22nd is half day with no after care.
– If you signed up for a conference time, thank you. If not, please do so!
Good afternoon Parents!
Thank you for signing the permission slips for tomorrows field trip – sorry it was so last minute. We had inquired about it a few weeks ago and they were fully booked but had a cancellation last minute that was offered to us and we didn’t want to miss out.
If we didn’t catch you this morning it will be in your folder this evening! PLEASE PLEASE return it tomorrow morning at drop off!
Scantron Testing went well…everyone finished. We will do the math portion next Wednesday, May 14th.
Here are some pictures from today’s Readers Workshop. We shared our favorite part of a book with a partner…
Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!
Today we learned about Mexico and Cinco de Mayo. Senora Fleming read the whole group a cool story about the history of the holiday. We had our taco party a little early at 11:00 (they needed a little something after the Scantron testing) 🙂
They almost all had seconds. Hopefully they left some room for their lunches…Or maybe you won’t have to pack one tomorrow 😉
Tomorrow we will celebrate Cinco De Mayo! Ms. Livingston and I have everything ready. Please send in a lunch – we will celebrate after lunch at 2:00.
The tutors are almost finished with the year end reading assessments – I will make adjustments to the levels as soon as I get the report back.
Tomorrow we have Scantron testing – Don’t worry! We do this to get the kids familiar with testing on computers for when the time comes down the road. I told them we will have extra computers this week to play a game that will show teachers what they know!
A little quiet reading before recess…